Founders and producers Hanneke Niens and Hans de Wolf develop and produce features, documentaries and drama series. They have an extensive international network of co-producers and financiers like ITVS, the British Film Institute, Eurimages, Chios Investments, Al Jazeera and Netflix.
Vital to their approach is the close collaboration with writers and directors to develop intelligent, character-driven audience favourites (Soof and Soof 2 €14 million box office The Netherlands, Ventoux) and accessible art-house films (Nena - Berlinale Special Mention Jury Award 2015, The Idol – Toronto International Film Festival 2016, The Reports on Sarah and Saleem - Tiger Competition, HBF Jury Award International Film Festival Rotterdam 2018).
The producers and their productions won numerous (inter)national awards, including an Oscar® nomination for Twin Sisters, a Crystal Bear for Bluebird, an Emmy and three times the Prix Europa. They scored box office hits with Twin Sisters, Nynke, Oysters at Nam Kee’s, Bride Flight, and Soof & Soof 2. Their films were screened in official competition at a.o. Berlinale (Chopsticks, Bluebird, Nena), Locarno (Katia’s Sister), TIFF (Nynke, Unfinished Sky, The Idol), San Sebastian (Godforsaken, Silent City) and IFFR (The Beast in the Jungle (world premiere January 2019), Beyond Sleep, Craving, The Reports on Sarah and Saleem).
On the roll a.o.:
- On Videoland (svod))/RTL: series Soof: Season 2;
- In release in March: The international co-production The Beast in the Jungle by Clara van Gool (Emmy Award Enter Achilles)
- In postproduction: English language drama Dreamlife by Melvin Moti and co-production Tench by Belgian director Patrice Toye (Rosie);
- In production: comedy So What Is Love, directed by Aniëlle Webster (No Such Thing As Housewives);
- In preproduction: feature film De Vogelwachter by Threes Anna (Silent City).
Hanneke and Hans are guest tutors of respectively the Netherlands Film and Television Academy, EAVE and Theatre Academy Maastricht. They are members of ACE, EFA, the Netherlands producers association FPN and the European producers association EPC. Hanneke is member of the supervisory board of International Film Festival Rotterdam.